Senior FF&E Designer
• Prepare, schedule and select FF&E and Artwork items for the project working with the Design Director and Senior Designers through every stage of the design process.
• Develop and prepare all materials finishes, ironmongery and sanitary ware specifications in partnership with the Project Designer.
• Prepare and coordinate all FF&E documentation required for Tender issues.Create and maintain FF&E budget estimate versus actual (as needed).
• Review samples, strike-offs, shop drawings and materials etc for compliance with specifications and design intent.
• Participate in project meetings and Client presentations as needed.Attend Client work-sessions and design reviews as required.
• Travel internationally for assigned project presentations, coordination meetings and site visits as required.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• In conjunction with the Project Management and Project Designer, establish overall design concepts relative to the Client’s briefs, programs and budgets.
• Creation of mood boards for presentations, maintaining quality and content, ensuring the format is compatible with LTW and client standards.
• Participate in presentations as needed.
• Translate initial design concepts into design development working within the project program.
• Maintain project directory with relevant FF&E contacts.
• Attend and participate in team meetings, design reviews etc.
• Develop FF&E specification documentation compatible with LTW standards.
• Review and modify if necessary, all specifications, for accuracy and design intent, and request changes as required.
• Prepare furniture and installation plans for content and accuracy and ensure that they are fully coordinated with architectural and other consultant’s drawings
• Co-ordinate Project FF&E staff utilisation, work planning and budget requirements with Project Lead .
• Develop and maintain positive relationship and channels of communication with Client Representatives, Professional Teams, Contractor and other appropriate project related personnel (external and internal).
• Ensure that the developed FF&E design and documentation is communicated properly to the Client, design team and production team, and contains adequate clear information for suppliers to provide accurate quotations.
• Communicate FF&E design intents with suppliers and review their work for conformance to design intent.
• Determine level and quality of finishes.
• Serve as principal contact with Purchasing Agent.
• Review samples, strike-offs, etc for compliance with specifications and design intent.
• Review interior architectural plans in conjunction with the Project Lead to ensure conformity with FF&E design.
• Co-ordinate selection and presentation of artwork and accessories if required.
• Maintain regular review of construction documentation, shop drawings, and participates in construction administration to ensure design intent with the Project Manager and job profitability with the Associate.
• Co-ordinate FF&E installation with all parties involved.
• Be familiar with the project contract and G.A’s contractual responsibilities as they relate to FF&E in all phases.
• Co-ordinate with Project Manager in producing finishes schedules.
• Attend and review site installation of all FF&E items (depending on project requirements).
• Ensure project delivery within project criteria and office standards and maintain the overall project program at all times.
• Direct education of Junior Design staff in office standards, policy etc.
• A basic knowledge of AutoCAD, Photoshop and PowerPoint is desirable.
• Good verbal and written communication skills are essential.
• Keep up to date with industry developments, products, and trends, for continued professional development.
• Design Director, Project Lead, Senior FF&E Designer, Senior Designer, Others FF&E Designer, Resource Team and Support staff
Qualifications (necessary skills and experience required)
• At minimum an Associate’s Degree in a related field of Design (Interior design, Architecture, Industrial Design, Fashion design, etc)
• 6 - 8 years of luxury hospitality project experience (urban and resort hotels)
• Creative with a strong design flair and excellent presentation skills.
• Have the ability to take initiative and drive a project independently from design intent through to completion.
• Relevant knowledge of product qualifications, sourcing, global vendor and supplier contacts.
• Experience working on all aspects of FF&E projects from concept to completion.
• Experienced in handling projects in all design phases. Knowledge of site work and progress will be advantage.
• Good understanding of design (composition, planning, materials, details, furniture and fixtures).
• Strong in design detailing and freehand sketching would be advantage.
• Must be meticulous, a good team player and able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and perform in a fast paced environment.
• Responsible and ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• In additional to good sketching ability, proficiency in AutoCad, Photoshop, In Design, Acrobat / Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, 3D Max and /or familiar with specification documentation.
How to apply
Email your application with attached CV and portfolio to [email protected]
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.