Working as part of a collaborative design team, you will support the Senior FF&E designer and collaborate with the Design team in creating concepts, putting together sample boards and presentations for clients. As part of the FF&E team, you will have the responsibility of sourcing suitable materials and fabrics for interior finishes, artwork, furniture and lighting.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Support in preparing schedule and to select FF&E and Artwork items for the project working with the Senior FF&E designer and Senior Designers through every stage of the design process.
• Working closely with the Senior FF&E designer, develop and prepare material finishes, ironmongery and sanitary ware specifications.
• To coordinate with the design team in developing furniture layout, perspectives and 2D/3D renderings.
• Support in preparing and coordinating all FF&E documentation required for Tender & construction drawings.
• Review samples, strike-offs, shop drawings and materials etc for compliance with specifications and design intent.
• Support in managing the materials library and keeping it up to date
• Participate in project meetings, client work-sessions and design reviews as required.
• Together with the senior design team, lead and direct the creative and conceptual stages of the project.
• Strong knowledge of both Interior Architecture and FF&E, with the technical understanding to support working across both sides of the business.
• Ability to push the team, inspire new ideas, helping to source new furniture, antiques and art and bring original and fresh thoughts to LTW studio.
• Design and develop beautiful bespoke furniture including case pieces, upholstery, lighting and joinery.
• Ability to deliver a strong pitch or presentation with confidence in public speaking.
• Confidence and experience in skilled space planning.
• Experience and ability to design loose and fixed furniture including soft furnishings by hand-sketching and/or using software to communicate with others for client approval, clarification, Design Documentation, pricing and fabrication.
• Able to respond effectively to complex questions whilst working and switching between various projects.
• Able to develop detailed specifications.
• Manage and check information produced by sub-contractors.
• Closing projects- supporting designers on rectifying snags and getting this wrapped us as quickly as possible.
• Ability to set and uphold programmes, stick to deadlines, oversee excellent project management at all times.
• Providing designers with help and guidance on any design-based queries.
• Excellent artistic and technical skills to prepare and create seductive rendered client board and digital presentations at all major design stages of both loose décor and fixed décor schemes.
• Propose, document and tag all loose decor items including all materials and finishes to both loose décor and fixed decor schemes for Design Concept, Design Development and Design Documentation phases.
• To review and redline loose furniture design documentation packages including shop drawings from fabricators and provide further clarifications or improvements as necessary.
• Document the review and propose any improvements of FF&A prototypes and/or items under fabrication.
• Understanding of project programs and ensuring that project assignments are completed within the given deadline.
• Broad knowledge of materiality.
• An exceptional eye for detail, colour and knowledge of FF&E suppliers.
• Able to interpret specifications and layouts.
• Passionate and aware of global design trends and FF&E supplies.
• Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
• Assume an assistant role in design presentation in communicating with clients and ensure that format is compatible with LTW and client standards/requirements
• Experience in managing large and complex FF&E budgets, procurement and installations.
• Establishing detailed project timelines with internal milestones and leading kick-off meetings at each design phase/wrap-up meeting on handover.
• Firefighting- troubleshooting on any design or management hiccups along the way.
• Design Director, Project Lead, Senior FF&E Designer, Senior Designer, Others FF&E Designer, Resource Team and Support staff
Qualifications (necessary skills and experience required)
• At minimum an Associate’s Degree in a related field of Design (Interior design, Architecture, Industrial Design, Fashion design, etc)
• 3 - 5 years of luxury hospitality project experience (urban and resort hotels)
• Creative with a strong design flair and excellent presentation skills.
• Relevant knowledge of product qualifications, sourcing, global vendor and supplier contacts.
• Experience working on all aspects of FF&E projects from concept to completion.
• Experienced in handling projects in all design phases. Knowledge of site work and progress will be an advantage.
• Good understanding of design (composition, planning, materials, details, furniture and fixtures).
• Strong in design detailing and freehand sketching would be an advantage.
• Must be meticulous, a good team player and able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and perform in a fast-paced environment.
• Responsible and able to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• In addition to good sketching ability, proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, In Design, Acrobat / Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, 3D Max and /or familiarity with specification documentation.
How to apply
Email your application with attached CV and portfolio to [email protected]
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.